The Green Bay Packers and Buffalo Bills are dealing with serious quarterback issues after blowout NFL losses on Sunday.
The Packers are sticking with Brett Hundley, not that head coach Mike McCarthy has much of a choice, while Bills coach Sean McDermott would not say if he would turn the offense back over to Tyrod Taylor after rookie Nathan Peterman threw five interceptions against the Los Angeles Chargers.
As the Packers and Bills try to sort out their respective issues, there is growing discontent in Denver after Broncos general manager John Elway called his team soft. After Sunday's 23-0 win over the Packers, the Baltimore Ravens defense has three shutouts this season but the players are hungry for more.
Packers safety HaHa Clinton-Dix accused the Ravens' Ryan Jensen of being a dirty player after the center injured Packers defensive tackle Kenny Clark.
Here's the latest edition of "He Said What?!"
– Hundley on throwing three interceptions against the Ravens: "It sucks. Confidence-wise, I'll keep going with my head held high, but it sucks."
– McDermott on Buffalo's quarterback situation: "We are still evaluating the QB position and we'll take it one day at a time right now... One game is not going to define Nathan or Nathan's career. I'm confident in Nathan and his mental toughness... There are some plays Nate certainly wants back and some plays he made were pretty good. I get that those are hard to see."
– Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall on Elway's "soft" remark: "We definitely didn't take kindly to those remarks. I understand this is his team and he put it together, so his name is on it. But it's our skin in the game. Nobody is soft on this team. We work our arse off and we work hard."
– Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs on getting a third shutout: "It doesn't mean s*** if we don't make the play-offs. It's good, but if we don't get in, you won't even remember it."
– Clinton-Dix on Jensen: "He's trash. He's a bad player. He doesn't play fair. This is a game that we all love to play and love to enjoy, and you never want to see a guy get hurt when you're playing overaggressive and doing things that you shouldn't be doing. It's uncalled for... I don't like him. He needs to tighten up on his play. Play ball. If you can't whup him regularly, don't cheap shot him. That's what that guy's been doing all year. I've been watching film of 66, and he's a dirty player."
– Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott on the 37-9 loss to the Eagles: "I'll watch this a couple of times and forget about it. I would play tomorrow if I could."
– Rams offensive lineman Andrew Whitworth on losing to the Vikings: "It's frustrating, but the reality is, we needed adversity. It's not to say that we didn't need to come back and win that game, but when you're on the road in a really hard place to play, against one of the best defenses in the league, to play the kind of game we were in, and for this team to be in the game, I think it shows you that we're legit and we're the real deal. If we get this opportunity in the play-offs, and get a chance to get in, then we'll be prepared for it."
– Eagles cornerback Jalen Mills on linebacker Kamu Grugier-Hill filling in for injured kicker Jake Elliott: "I knew he could kick. We call him 'the Flying Hawaiian.' He can do it all."
– Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on the botched fake field goal before half-time of Monday's 34-31 loss to the Falcons: "It would have been a really good call if we made it."
|Matthaus raves about Spurs star Kane|
|Cook: England must improve damaged reputation|
|´Several clubs´ discussing Arda move as Barca exit nears|
|No ultimatum as Arsenal´s Ozil and Sanchez talks rumble on|
|Su-Mourinho? Wenger offers advice to City and United|
|Bayern planning ´serious talks´ with Robben, Ribery|
|Titans lure Roosters veteran Gordon|
|Hazlewood welcomes Johnson advice and eyes Root scalp|
|Pereira replaces Villas-Boas at Shanghai SIPG|
|Van Gaal rejected Leverkusen to hold out for a ´big club´|
|Cook dismisses retirement talk heading into 150th Test|
|Williamson lauds record-equalling Taylor as Kiwis celebrate series win|
|Dolphins stun Brady and Patriots|
|Inzaghi and Lazio left feeling ´defrauded´ after Torino defeat|
|Marsh confident and ready to heap misery on England|
|New Zealand sweep Windies with 240-run victory|
|Man United more boring under Mourinho, claims Van Gaal|
|Rodgers return a medical decision for Packers|
|Stanton rips ´unprofessional´ and ´circus times´ with Marlins|
|Zidane: Real Madrid want to win Club World Cup|
|Worker to open batting as Guptill misses ODI series|
|Stanton excited to step into ´winning environment´ with Yankees|
|Morata ruled out of Huddersfield trip due to ´impossible´ workload|
|Valverde singles out Hazard & Morata as chief Chelsea threats|
|Irving to miss Bulls game with quad injury|
|Lazio 1 Torino 3: Inzaghi´s men lose ground as Immobile sees red|
|Reading 2 Cardiff City 2: Late comeback makes light of Warnock dismissal|
|Jets QB McCown´s season over with broken hand|
|Wagner received no contact over Borussia Dortmund job|
|From the ridiculous to the sublime - Clermont overcome ´absurd´ episode to thump Saracens|
|A Mourinho myth? Man United booked for simulation more than any Premier League side|
|Eagles QB Wentz out for season with torn ACL|
|Brook to face Rabchenko in light-middleweight bow|
|Yankees confirm Stanton deal|
|Clermont irked by ´absurd´ Saracens saga|
|Bairstow wants England to regain trust|
|Ronaldo´s ego is his biggest motivator - Valdano|
|Bayern threaten legal action over Leno transfer rumours|
|Thompson welcomes golf´s change in policy over viewer call-ins|
|Potter delighted by underdog Ostersunds´ trip to Arsenal|
|Chelsea can bounce back from West Ham loss, says Conte|
|Real Madrid will relish PSG test, says Xabi Alonso|
|Conte urges Chelsea to be ´positive´ over Barca Champions League draw|
|Heynckes wary of Besiktas threat|
|Ostersunds handed fairytale Arsenal tie, Napoli face Leipzig|
|Taylor pays moving tribute to Crowe after equalling century record|
|Emery: PSG ´can compete with Real Madrid´|
|Totti urges Roma focus on Serie A despite encouraging Champions League draw|
|Europa League: Last 32 draw in full|
|Messi faces toughest foe in Champions League|
|Tigers confirm broken jaw for Veainu as Tuilagi nears return|
|AC Milan signed too many players, admits Fassone|
|Real Madrid face PSG, Chelsea drawn with Barcelona|
|FA seeking information over Manchester derby incident|
|India agree to be Afghanistan´s first Test opponents|
|He is one of the best strikers in the Premier League - Wilshere hails Giroud|
|Jamshed banned for failing to co-operate with PCB anti-corruption unit|
|Mata: No time to mourn derby defeat|
|Hitzfeld tells Nagelsmann to honour Hoffenheim contract|
|Amor: Mascherano future to become clear soon|
|Good things come to those who wait - Shubhankar wins Joburg Open in Monday finish|
|Huddersfield confident of Chelsea scalp - Ince|
|Sea Eagles facing sanctions over salary cap breach|
|Paine denies Aussies have crossed line with Ashes sledging|
|Road to Super Bowl hits speed bump as Eagles sweat on Wentz fitness|
|Taylor hits record ton as Windies chase mammoth total|
|Oladipo´s career performance keeps Pacers rolling|
|De Bruyne: Man City have to enjoy derby victory|
|Suspended Smith-Schuster watches on in Steelers helmet|
|Bancroft and Warner ´kissed and made up´ after Adelaide mix up|