New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton did his best Captain Obvious impression when asked about Tom Brady's huge bounceback game Sunday. Brady also lauded one of his running backs as one of the best team-mates he's ever had.
New York Jets linebacker Jordan Jenkins had no issue with Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch dancing on the sideline, but said his team-mates should be bothered by Sunday's embarrassing loss.
The Seattle Seahawks had an "ugly" win over the San Francisco 49ers. the Green Bay Packers are upset with officiating and the Los Angeles Chargers are sticking with rookie kicker Younghoe Koo, who is just one for four after missing two in Sunday's "brutal" loss to the Miami Dolphins.
Struggling quarterback Andy Dalton still has the backing of the Cincinnati Bengals, Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer gives a confusing update on Sam Bradford's knee and the NFL still thinks Los Angeles will embrace the Rams and Chargers despite Sunday's poor attendance.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
- Payton on Brady's 447 passing yards against the Saints: "Obviously, there were some guys open."
10 undefeated teams remain... pic.twitter.com/XV5EYKokvr— NFL (@NFL) September 19, 2017
- Brady on Patriots running back James White: "I've played with a lot of great team-mates, and James is right up there with the best."
- Jenkins on Lynch's sideline dance during Oakland's 45-20 win over the Jets: "That irks my ever-living nerves. I was on kick-off return and I saw it happen and it's infuriating and I wanted them to kick the ball short so we could get more contact. That p****d me off. I'm an old-school guy, and I don't like [it] when things like that happen... It was embarrassing losing like that. Having Marshawn dancing like that, good player, seeing that happen, that should infuriate the whole team."
- Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin on Sunday's 12-9 win over the 49ers: "It was ugly. Ugly as hell."
- Packers receiver Davante Adams on the controversial pass interference calls that went against his team in the 34-23 loss to the Atlanta Falcons: "Nobody gets called on that like we do. But it is what it is. The rule is just – it's a judgment call for the refs. We didn't violate anything, so that should have been four more points on the scoreboard. At the end of the day, it's up to them and they'll come and talk to us in the offseason about how they messed up on certain calls and things. That's part of the game. We can't be the ref. If we could, then it would have been called a little bit better on that."
- Chargers coach Anthony Lynn on Koo: "We're still riding with him. And we're hoping that he'll bounce back."
- Bengals backup quarterback AJ McCarron on Dalton: "Do you think he wants to have tipped balls that turn into interceptions? Has he worked his whole life for that, has he worked all week for that? No... Listen, I think I'm a great quarterback and I think he's an unbelievable quarterback, I love him to death, but he's our quarterback, stop making it into something else."
- NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart on the L.A. market: "We remain confident that the city of Los Angeles can support in a very strong way two franchises, and we’re committed to making that happen as we work toward the opening of the new stadium."
- Zimmer on Bradford: "Sam is okay. He might play one game from now, he might play six weeks from now. Either way, he's fine."
- New York Giants coach Ben McAdoo on Eli Manning's delay of game penalty in the third quarter of Monday's 24-10 loss to the Detroit Lions: "Sloppy quarterback play. The quarterback and center need be on the same page there. We've got to get the ball snapped. We have a veteran quarterback who's played a lot of football. I expect us to get the ball snapped."
|Chelsea 4 Watford 2: Batshuayi, Azpilicueta spare champions´ blushes|
|Darren Fletcher makes 100th consecutive Prermier League appearance|
|Carrasco´s attitude not a problem, says Simeone|
|Allegri happy to win ugly at Udinese|
|Barcelona approve €897million budget following record revenue in 2016-17|
|Lineker´s Benzema criticism embarrassing - Zidane hails Madrid striker as ´the best´|
|Bayern Munich announce record €640m turnover|
|Gasly denied chance of Super Formula title by typhoon|
|Australia claim long-awaited win over All Blacks|
|A-League Review: Brillante completes comeback in thrilling Sydney derby|
|Bakayoko starts for Chelsea against Watford|
|Not many teams can stop us scoring – Smalling hits back after United criticism|
|Halep relishing world number one battle in Singapore|
|Bakayoko: I´m not Chelsea´s new Matic|
|Manchester United fan Werner still dreams of Premier League move|
|Tigers lose Tamim for rest of South Africa tour|
|Manchester City playing like Brazil, says Jesus|
|Mbappe, Dembele and Jesus named Golden Boy top three|
|Thomas shares lead with Brown in Jeju|
|Marquez grabs pole as Dovizioso struggles at Phillip Island|
|Warriors get season on right track, Cavaliers remind Bucks who´s boss|
|Valverde: Barcelona couldn´t sign Mbappe|
|Altuve, Verlander star as Astros force game seven against Yankees|
|Kane: I´d love to spend whole career at Tottenham|
|Bolt wants to begin football career in 2018|
|What the f***? – Pochettino reveals Madrid selection questions|
|Mourinho plays down Conte spat|
|Liverpool must make Coutinho, Can want to stay – Klopp|
|Marshawn Lynch suspended for one game for contact with official|
|I´m not a dirty player - Barr rejects accusations over hit on Rodgers|
|Late Lyon comeback sinks Sale|
|Dimitrov boosts ATP Finals chances as Goffin, Anderson falter|
|Barcelona star Suarez granted rest by Uruguay|
|I don´t want to hide - Bilic takes responsibility for humbling West Ham defeat|
|Bath look at home in the wet in battling win over Scarlets|
|F1 Raceweek: Fourth straight Texas triumph could secure title for Hamilton|
|´Magician´ Conte spells out willingness to fight at Chelsea|
|Otamendi and Stones making light of Kompany absence for Guardiola|
|Goerges dashes hopes of all-Russian Kremlin Cup final|
|West Ham 0 Brighton and Hove Albion 3: Murray double piles pressure back on Bilic|
|NBA icon Kobe Bryant meets Neymar and Mbappe on PSG visit|
|Chris Paul to miss Rockets´ home opener with sore knee|
|Dyche not ´running away´ from Burnley as Leicester links intensify|
|UEFA fails to fine Spartak over racist chants in Youth League game|
|Can committed to Liverpool despite contract impasse|
|Albatross helps Luiten maintain narrow Valderrama lead|
|Bernat steps up recovery for Bayern comeback|
|Hasan heroics and Malik might leave Sri Lanka stumped yet again|
|Baker out as Nationals manager|
|Higuain has ´nothing to prove´ despite latest Argentina snub|
|Scotland forward Hardie suspended|
|Suarez struggles no concern for Barca boss Valverde|
|Emery: Neymar needs time to become PSG´s Messi|
|Sarri could have been finance minister! - Spalletti marvels at Napoli boss´ rise|
|Douglas Costa secures Brazil recall for Japan and England friendlies|
|McTominay lands new Manchester United deal|
|Brown blow for Scotland and Glasgow|
|Verstappen signs new Red Bull deal to 2020|
|Rose ready for Spurs return, but won´t start vs Liverpool|
|Koeman confident Everton signings will come good|
|Under-fire Burki lands new four-year Dortmund deal|
|Conte admits to Chelsea midfield crisis ahead of Watford clash|
|Sanchez and Ramsey boost Arsenal for Goodison trip|
|Halep to face Svitolina, Wozniacki and Garcia in Singapore|
|Mane still in rehab, but Klopp won´t block Senegal call-up|
|Kaepernick not blackballed by NFL, claims 49ers owner York|
|Mourinho has ´a feeling´ Ibrahimovic will be back in 2017|
|Conte dismisses Mourinho feud as ´a stupid issue´|
|Always Man City can do better - Guardiola challenges Premier League leaders|
|Aaron Rodgers posts ´comeback starts now´ photo after surgery|