The New England Patriots are set to be involved in several marquee NFL games in 2017 after the schedule was released on Thursday.
There will be a Super Bowl rematch in week seven and the defending champions also get the season started.
The Patriots feature heavily in the 10 must-see games of the 2017 campaign.
10. Steelers at Texans, week 16, December 25: A Christmas Day treat in Houston will have a pair of playoff hopefuls and two of the NFL's stingiest defenses. The Texans have jettisoned Brock Osweiler and this could be an important game for both teams late in the season.
9. Falcons at Seahawks, week 11, November 20: A playoff rematch that was dominated by the Falcons last season, the Seahawks will hope to get some revenge at home. The Legion of Boom may be losing some of its punch, but the Seahawks are a different team at home and there almost always seems to be some sort of controversy when Seattle get a prime-time home game.
8. Chiefs at Patriots, week one, September 7: The champs will celebrate their Super Bowl victory before taking on one of last year's playoff teams. The Chiefs have not won at Foxborough since 1990, a stretch that includes six straight losses, including a playoff game in the 2015 season.
7. Dolphins at Chargers, week two, September 17: Tiny StubHub Center in Carson, California, will host its first NFL game as the Chargers officially debut as the Los Angeles Chargers at their new temporary home.
6. Packers at Falcons, week two, September 17: The Falcons will debut new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in week two against the Packers, who will hope for a much better result than the last time they went to Atlanta. The Falcons ran away with a blowout victory in last season's NFC championship game. Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers are sure to light things up once all the pomp and circumstance of the new stadium wears off.
5. Cowboys at Raiders, week 15, December 17: The Cowboys and Raiders both have Super Bowl aspirations this season and each team is loaded with young talent on offense. With defenses that struggled somewhat last season, there could be a lot of points scored at the Coliseum.
4. Patriots vs. Raiders, week 11, November 19: The Raiders are returning to Mexico this season and will face the Patriots, who will play in the country for the first time ever. This could have big playoff implications in the latter half of the season.
3. Patriots at Dolphins, week 14, December 11: If the Dolphins are going to sweep the Patriots, as wide receiver Jarvis Landry boldly predicted, they have to first win on November 26 in New England and then defend their home field two weeks later on Monday night.
2. Chiefs at Raiders, week seven, October 19: These are the two favourites in the AFC West and a win by the Raiders would go a long way toward a division that slipped away from them last season.
1. Falcons at Patriots, week seven, October 22: The Super Bowl rematch will be one of the more anticipated matchups of the season. It is a bit of surprise the NFL scheduled it in the middle of the season instead of making it a week one game. The Falcons will be bent on revenge, but going into Foxborough is never easy.
|West Brom 0 Crystal Palace 2: Sako on target for De Boer´s men|
|Modric inherits Madrid´s ´cursed´ number 10 from James|
|Storm overcome injuries to see off Raiders|
|Bayern Munich 0 AC Milan 4: Ancelotti´s side battered as Bonucci makes debut|
|Open icon Watson salutes toughness of Birkdale leader Spieth|
|Hodgson claims Barkley needs new club to thrive|
|Cruising Crusaders clinch semi-final berth|
|I had no problems with Allegri - Bonucci|
|Manchester United signed Lukaku at the perfect time – Van Nistelrooy|
|Leicester vice-president insists there is ´no real offer´ for Mahrez|
|Bolt pushing towards glorious finale after motivation struggles|
|Pele´s son returns to prison|
|Lacazette will need time, warns Arsenal great Pires|
|Darvish strikes out 12 batters amid trade rumors|
|Juve boss Allegri doesn´t fear losing Dybala to Barca|
|Bonucci: I didn´t feel important at Juventus|
|Ronaldo presented with Orlando City jersey|
|Valverde: No need to worry about Neymar-PSG links|
|Dortmund deny Aubameyang´s set for CSL|
|Di Maria: Barca star Neymar welcome at PSG|
|Orlando City 0 Atlanta United 1: Villalba´s late stunner sinks Kaka´s men|
|Encarnacion reaches milestone with latest home run|
|Collins misses 59 as he takes Barbasol lead|
|De Bruyne: Don´t compare Lukaku to Messi|
|Irving´s agent tight-lipped on reports Cavs star wants trade|
|Thomas explains Open meltdown as he misses cut|
|Randolph set for Middlesbrough move after Hart arrival|
|MLS an option for Mascherano|
|Warriors shut out depleted Rhinos, Centurions off bottom|
|Koepka excited to contend in another major|
|Recovering Goffin shocked by world number 412 Dodig|
|Veteran qualities see Spieth seize control at blustery Birkdale|
|The Open Diary: Poulter wins (but it´s not Ian) as wind and rain lash Birkdale|
|Open leader Spieth: I would have gladly stayed on the couch|
|Bogdan stuns Sevastova in Bucharest|
|It was anger from the word go - Stenson saddened as burglary mars Open defence|
|The Open Social Diary: Birthday shoes, dancing shoes and soggy shoes|
|Sevilla to take legal action against Vitolo, Atletico and Las Palmas|
|Spieth leads Open by two as Birkdale bares teeth|
|Bolt wins final 100m outing before World Championships|
|Pumped-up Poulter ready to take on anyone at Birkdale|
|Stuani quits Middlesbrough for LaLiga new boys Girona|
|Cerci: I gave up a lot of money to leave Atletico|
|Joining Chelsea from Real Madrid like ´leaving home´ for Morata|
|Ancelotti working to make Sanches an AC Milan fan|
|Neymar unaffected by PSG speculation - Barca team-mate Mascherano|
|Mendy left out of Sporting friendly amid talk of Manchester City move|
|Borussia Dortmund interested before Tianjin Quanjian move - Modeste|
|Torres torment or Drogba delight - how will Morata stack up against Chelsea´s big-money buys?|
|Morata becomes Spain´s most expensive player - how did Torres, Mata & more fare?|
|Chelsea sign Real Madrid striker Morata|
|James: I can replace Messi and Ronaldo|
|Boasson Hagen breaks through as Matthews clinches green jersey|
|Eremenko doping ban upheld by CAS|
|PSV defender Willems joins Eintracht|
|Van Dijk training alone as he wants to leave Southampton|
|Luring Bonucci from Juventus an important sign - Abate|
|Klopp hopes for Lucas return after tearful Liverpool goodbye|
|Wood you believe it? Chris produces more Birkdale magic with walk-off eagle|
|Naholo extends Highlanders stay|
|Haas to retain Magnussen, Grosjean for 2018|
|Sarries cult hero Barrington backs Itoje to captain England|
|Sparta Prague bring in Lille captain Mavuba|
|Mickelson: I missed the Open cut with flair|
|Defending Open champ Stenson victim of Birkdale burglary|
|Hajduk ordered to play behind closed doors after racist incident|
|Liverpool sign Robertson from Hull City|
|McIlroy ´ecstatic´ as Open revival continues|
|Murray needs full fitness for US Open challenge, Henman warns|
|Sharks mark Lewis landmark with a win, Roosters see off Knights|