The New England Patriots are set to be involved in several marquee NFL games in 2017 after the schedule was released on Thursday.
There will be a Super Bowl rematch in week seven and the defending champions also get the season started.
The Patriots feature heavily in the 10 must-see games of the 2017 campaign.
10. Steelers at Texans, week 16, December 25: A Christmas Day treat in Houston will have a pair of playoff hopefuls and two of the NFL's stingiest defenses. The Texans have jettisoned Brock Osweiler and this could be an important game for both teams late in the season.
9. Falcons at Seahawks, week 11, November 20: A playoff rematch that was dominated by the Falcons last season, the Seahawks will hope to get some revenge at home. The Legion of Boom may be losing some of its punch, but the Seahawks are a different team at home and there almost always seems to be some sort of controversy when Seattle get a prime-time home game.
8. Chiefs at Patriots, week one, September 7: The champs will celebrate their Super Bowl victory before taking on one of last year's playoff teams. The Chiefs have not won at Foxborough since 1990, a stretch that includes six straight losses, including a playoff game in the 2015 season.
7. Dolphins at Chargers, week two, September 17: Tiny StubHub Center in Carson, California, will host its first NFL game as the Chargers officially debut as the Los Angeles Chargers at their new temporary home.
6. Packers at Falcons, week two, September 17: The Falcons will debut new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in week two against the Packers, who will hope for a much better result than the last time they went to Atlanta. The Falcons ran away with a blowout victory in last season's NFC championship game. Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers are sure to light things up once all the pomp and circumstance of the new stadium wears off.
5. Cowboys at Raiders, week 15, December 17: The Cowboys and Raiders both have Super Bowl aspirations this season and each team is loaded with young talent on offense. With defenses that struggled somewhat last season, there could be a lot of points scored at the Coliseum.
4. Patriots vs. Raiders, week 11, November 19: The Raiders are returning to Mexico this season and will face the Patriots, who will play in the country for the first time ever. This could have big playoff implications in the latter half of the season.
3. Patriots at Dolphins, week 14, December 11: If the Dolphins are going to sweep the Patriots, as wide receiver Jarvis Landry boldly predicted, they have to first win on November 26 in New England and then defend their home field two weeks later on Monday night.
2. Chiefs at Raiders, week seven, October 19: These are the two favourites in the AFC West and a win by the Raiders would go a long way toward a division that slipped away from them last season.
1. Falcons at Patriots, week seven, October 22: The Super Bowl rematch will be one of the more anticipated matchups of the season. It is a bit of surprise the NFL scheduled it in the middle of the season instead of making it a week one game. The Falcons will be bent on revenge, but going into Foxborough is never easy.
|Day moves into Australian Open lead|
|Warriors embarrass Bulls, Thunder lose despite Westbrook triple-double|
|Murray mercilessly mocks USA president Trump|
|Inspirational Smith hits century to thwart England|
|Guardiola more ´logical´ for Man United than Mourinho – Cantona|
|England unconcerned over Anderson after scare|
|Shaky starts for Greece, Russia in World Cup qualifying|
|Messi has ´no doubt´ about Real Madrid´s Champions League chances|
|England on top as wickets fall in Brisbane|
|Maxwell scores 278 in Ashes reminder|
|Falcons RB Freeman ruled out with concussion|
|Klopp quashes Conte´s recovery complaints|
|Hoeness believes in Bayern´s ´new spirit´|
|Warriors pair Durant, Green out of Bulls clash|
|Panthers activate Olsen from IR ahead of Jets clash|
|Mourinho slams Mkhitaryan for disappearing during Manchester United games|
|Newcastle beaten by Gloucester in Premiership|
|Hart hails West Ham fight under Moyes|
|Ulster leave it late to deny Treviso second away victory|
|Dolphins QB Cutler out with concussion against Patriots|
|Conte calls for clarity from Chelsea on Courtois deal|
|West Ham 1 Leicester City 1: Kouyate gets Moyes up and running|
|Robinson tips Farrell for World Rugby Player of the Year|
|Manchester United midfielder Carrick undergoes heart procedure|
|Manchester City youngster Bytyqi retires with heart condition|
|England can thrive on hostile atmosphere - O´Loughlin|
|Salah could become the Premier League´s greatest African star - Lauren|
|Lauren reserves judgement on Man City´s invincible credentials|
|Goffin and Tsonga cancel each other out on opening day of Davis Cup final|
|Stafford admits ankle is ´not 100 percent´ after Lions´ loss to Vikings|
|Bayern boss Heynckes slams ´insanity´ of Champions League ticket prices|
|Messi hails Barcelona team-mates after European Golden Shoe triumph|
|Napoli´s Hamsik saves space for a Serie A title-winning tattoo|
|Jardim urges quick Monaco response to Champions League woe|
|You always have a chance - Wagner hopeful of Man City scalp|
|Chelsea´s tough title defence was to be expected - Klopp|
|Horne replaces Dunbar in Scotland XV|
|Neymar and Cavani bound by common goal at PSG|
|Simeone: Everything seems better when Atletico win|
|F1 Raceweek: Scores to be settled in Abu Dhabi|
|Injuries not to blame for Real Madrid LaLiga position - Zidane|
|Icardi could stay at Inter forever, says Spalletti|
|Former England star Owen finishes second on horse racing debut|
|Emery backs Mbappe to shine on Monaco return|
|Robben-less Heynckes handed timely Coman boost|
|Guardiola not complacent ahead of Huddersfield clash|
|Trump to ´quickly´ play golf with Woods and Johnson|
|Salah not Liverpool´s only threat, insists Conte|
|Klopp trusts Moreno ´100 per cent´ despite Sevilla shocker|
|No excuses for Conte despite Chelsea´s travel trouble|
|Salah has nothing to prove in Chelsea reunion, says Klopp|
|We´re on the Ball - Paceman Jake says England´s homework is paying off|
|Bale return could be imminent - Zidane|
|Megson´s interim role is no audition as he awaits permanent West Brom boss|
|Bosz has derby focus despite Dortmund criticism|
|Kaka predicts bright future for Milan´s Silva|
|Lyon not sorry for controversial pre-Ashes comments|
|Ashwin takes four as India skittle out Sri Lanka|
|Messi equals Ronaldo with fourth European Golden Shoe|
|Mourinho fears Fellaini exit amid Arsenal, PSG links|
|I don´t know what you want - Mourinho blasts Man United critics|
|Mourinho protecting Pogba and Ibrahimovic as they prepare for Brighton|
|Stoke to offer Crouch fresh deal|
|Record-breaker Holmes hits Fiji for six as Australia march into final|
|Del Piero expects Juventus and Dybala to rediscover top form|
|Melbourne City 1 Perth Glory 3: Ten-man hosts pay the penalty|
|Chawrasia´s challenge on track in Hong Kong|
|Herbert leads Australian Open with Day poised|
|Moyes wants greater ref protection for Carroll|
|Unsworth questions players´ commitment after Atalanta embarrassment|